Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First Easel Card...

Hello all!  I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable day!  I had a decent day today.  I've been having some sinus/allergy issues lately.  Yesterday was a rough one.  I had a bad sinus headache that was also causing me to feel nauseous.  Was a rough day for me.  Today I have a slight headache, but it wasn't anything like it was yesterday.  Not a 100%, but I'm better. 

I made this card the day before yesterday and wanted to get it posted for you guys.  It's my very first easel card....so don't judge too harshly.  I've had this paper for a while and I've been wanting to use it.  I just wasn't sure how to use it.  It's  not super girly, but it is super cute.  It's from Cosmo Cricket collection called Nutmeg.  So super cute!  The image is part of the paper itself and just happened to fit perfectly with the saying I wanted to use from My Creative Time: Mom You Rock stamp set for "Behind every great child is a great mom."  I also used Pink By Design stamp set, Our Mothers for "I love you Mom."  The lace is something my grandmother donated to my collection for scrapbooking material.  Ink is CTMH Barn Red (and fit perfectly, i might add).  The brads are CTMH Twilight.  The ribbon is hard to see, but I placed it behind the image and I got it off ebay. 





Have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

girlia said...

This turned out great. I have yet to make my first.

Pat N. said...

Good job, LaLa. I haven't made an easel card yet either, and really want to try!