Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Projects....

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted anything!  I am so very sorry for that!  I have been crazy busy with work, bc ppl are getting let go and ppl aren't showing up for work.  So I've been covering shifts for ppl, which means extra hours (boo!) but more money (yay!).  That also means I didn't have time last week to post anything.  This past week I have been cleaning out our spare room for my MOMMY!!!  I get to have her all to myself for Mother's Day weekend!  SUPER AWESOME for me!!!  I haven't seen my mother on Mother's Day in quite a long time.  The last time I got any time with my mom was in August 2010.  So I'm planning on having an awesome week with her!!! 


I wanted to share some projects that I have made in honor of Mother's Day.  I had purchased some glass etching cream off eBay quite sometime ago.  I was a bit nervous to use it.  The first project I did was on Valentine's Day.  I made a beer mug for my hubby.  So I decided that I wanted to make stuff for my family members.  I made candle holders for my aunt and a wine glass for my mom.  For my grandparents (and since Father's day is in June) I made them matching beer glasses that they can also use for other drinks.  I'm also making a beer mug for my dad.  I couldn't decide what to make for my sister, so I don't have her's done yet (oops!). 


I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased all these glasses and candle holders.  Check um out.....
I used several Cricut Cartridges and vinyl to make these.  I know I used the Mother's Day 2010 for the wine glass.  I used Accent Essentials for the candle holders.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which cartridge I used for the initials in my grandparents glasses.  But I did use my gypsy to weld the crown with the "R". 

This is for my mom....

 These are for my aunt...
 These are the matching glasses for my grandmother and grandfather...


I don't have the beer mug for my dad done yet.  I ran out of the etching cream.  So I'll have to order more of that. 

This is the bag I made for my mother's gift w/ card....
I used CTMH card stock.
Cartridge: Mother's Day 2010.



I do have one more project to share.  Sorry this is so long, but I was working on stuff...just hadn't had time to post.....This is an 8x10 scrapbook page for a friend of mine.  Her baby goes to the day care that I work at and I fell in love with her baby from day one!  She's a 17-y.o. mom and doing the best she can.  She's had a hard time and she doesn't have much support from her family.  I wasn't sure if anyone would do anything for her, so I made this page for her to put a special pic of her and her baby in here.  I did put it in a frame, but didn't take a pic with it in the frame. 
For this page, I used CTMH paper pack Wings. 
Buttons: CTMH
Brads: CTMH
Twine: Twinery - Charcoal
Stamps: My Creative Time & Pink By Design



This concludes my post....I am SO SORRY it's so long!  I hope everyone has a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Great projects!!!

I have an award for you at my blog...ginascraftingspot.com. Please come get it :)

BAHGL said...

Great projects!

Lorie said...

Love your projects.