Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quilted Birthday Card...

Hello my virtual friends!  :) 
I have a birthday card to share with you all today!  I was checking my email...I  believe it was yesterday (Wednesday) and that led me to Operation Write Home's blog.  They were talking about using scraps to make cards and all these different techniques.  This particular card that I have made is not one of their techniques, but I found a  challenge that I wanted to enter.  Using scraps just seemed to fit in with what I was trying to accomplish!  I have a ginormous stack of scraps and really need to get rid of some of them.  So I will be using a lot of scraps on my future cards until that pile goes away! 
The first challenge this is getting entered into is Mojo Monday Challenge #238.  Their challenge was the awesome layout!  I love this layout and it was pretty simple to do!



~A2 size card (4.25"x5.5")
~Scraps (pretty sure all or most are CTMH)
~Ink : CTMH - Black, Star Spangled Blue & Tulip (balloon strings)
~Ribbon (Dollar Tree)
~Buttons: Basic Grey
~3D tape - CTMH
~Liquid glass or glue (buttons & ribbon)
~Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Everyday Button Bits & Pink By Design - Birthday, Birthday stamp set "Happy Birthday" (inside)
~Cartridge: Accent Essentials - circle cut at 3"

I also just wanted to quickly share the graduation invites I made for someone.  I made 10 of these suckers.  I ended up not having enough of the background paper, so I made my own! 



Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Jae said...

Wonderful cards! I love how colourful the first one is and how you made your own background paper, TFS :)
xxxhugs, Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.ca