Thursday, April 5, 2012

Folder Card Set...

Good evening online friends!  It's kinda late, but I started working on this project around 5-ish and them my hubby came home.  I had to stop and we ate dinner and hung out for a bit and then I decided to come finish my project and now it's 1030pm and I am finally finished & sharing with you all!  :) 

This project is going to be entered into the HSS Color Challenge #112.  Trying to work with these colors was actually a little tough, which was probably why it took me so long.  I love the colors, but finding the right ones to go with what I was doing was challenging. 


~I used Sentimentals cartridge on my Gypsy to cut the folder out at 11.95" in width.
~Six A2 size cards and envelopes fit in the folder.

~The tag was cut out in 3 different layers at 4", 3.5" & 3" wide.  I used my cuttlebug and Darice embossing folder - Fleur Di Lis - on the 3" tag and inked it with Pansy Purple ink from CTMH.
~"With Love" was cut out at 2" in height.
~The pen was cut out at 5" in height.
~The ribbon is something I picked up in Japan. 
~I used DCWV Glitter cardstock - Brights & Pastels - for the folder & tip of pen.
~I used CTMH Notebook collection & Heirloom collection.  The brown came from SU.  The black is from Walmart.

~The ink was cut out at 2.25" in height.
~"Yours Truely" was cut out at 2.5" wide.
~I used pattern paper from CTMH Notebook collection to cover the inside of this folder.

~I used regular A2 size envelopes and cut strips of pattern paper to cover the flaps of the envelopes.  (brown is SU, purple is CTMH Heirloom, pink is CTMH Notebook)

~The cards are A2 size cards (4.25"x5.5"). 
~I used my cuttlebug & scrollwork folder for embossing.
~I used CTMH ink - Cocoa, Smokey Plum & Blush - to add color and pop to the embossing.

Once I figure out who I want to give this too, I plan on doing a monogram inside the frame of the card.

I saw this idea on the Cricut blog.  I didn't even know there was a folder on that cartridge.  I hardly use it.  Now that I know it's there and all the cool things on there, I'll use it more often! 

Thanks for looking and have a great day!  :)

9 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Such a beautiful set of note cards, a fabulous way to incorporate those colors! The front of the folder is so romantic with that old ink pen and cursive letters! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

What a fabulous set! I love the little holder and the flaps on the envelopes. So glad you played with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Missy said...

Oh wow, your card set is so very pretty. The colors are so elegant, and the envelopes & embossed papers make everything come together so nicely!!

Krista said...

What a pretty stationery set!! I'm glad you joined us and challenged yourself to use these colors. I had a hard time, too. I'm a blue/green kinda girl. :) I know the person that gets this will love it!! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Genny said...

What a wonderful gift idea. I love the images you used and the ribbon ties it up so pretty. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin by Genny said...

Congratulations Lauren!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week!

Please email to receive the html code for your badge.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Come play again!


HSS Design Team

Bada-Bing Creations said...

What a pretty set of cards! I love how you did the envelopes! Thanks for playing at HSS:-)

Erika Clark said...

Wow, this is a really impressive set, and your colors worked out great! I love your folder that houses all the pretty note cards! Congrats on your win this week at HSS :)

Erika Clark said...

Wow, this is a really impressive set, and your colors worked out great! I love your folder that houses all the pretty note cards! Congrats on your win this week at HSS :)