Saturday, February 12, 2011

As Promised....

I'm very sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while.  I feel like I have been neglectful....to my crafting and myself!  I don't work that many hours, but I guess it's the fact that I really don't get to rest much when I'm at work.  I get to work with the infants and we all know how that can be.  But to make up for my neglect I have posted 2 cards.  This first card I started a while ago and just never finished it.  I was going to post it for one of My Pink Stamper's challenges.  But I just never finished the task.  So here it is now and I think it's pretty cute. 
Recipe:
- Cartridge: Indie Art - Ice cream cone at 5.25" welded together with my Gypsy.
- Card stock: SU - browns; CTMH - white daisy
- Glitter: CTMH - Prisma Glitter
- Pearls: Kaiser (to look like chocolate sprinkles)
- The inside I used white printer paper and cut out 2 ice cream cone shapes so that they could write a message. Those were cut at 4.75".

 This card I started yesterday and finished this morning.  At 7am....why, you ask?  I had to drop off my hubby at work at 530am this morning.  I came back home to get a little more sleep and it took me a minute to actually fall back asleep.  Then he calls me at 7am to tell me that I have to let him in the house, bc he's lost his keys AGAIN!!!  Or so we thought.....He used a key ring that I told him wasn't really secure and should probably find a better one.  But of course he doesn't listen to me and the key ring opened up.  Luckily, he found his car key and the house key had fallen off in the car and I found it.  Dork! 

Anyway....LoL!  This card I found in Card Maker magazine.  I thought it was super cute and wanted to try it out.  It's altered a little bit, bc I don't have punches or the flower stamps they asked for.  The flower pot is starts out as a 4.5" x 9" card stock folded in half.  Then you use a template to cut out the flower pot shape with the base being at the fold.  Put tape on the inside edges on the left and right to create a pocket.  Then you cut a 3.5" x 1.75" piece of card stock for the top rim of the flower pot.  Here is suggests you use a decorative punch for the rim border.  I used my cuttle bug, bc I don't have any punches.  Use ribbon as shown.  Next cut a 2.25"x4.25" white card stock and ink the edges and glue onto a colored piece of card stock at 2.5"x4.5".  I cut my flowers with my Cricut using the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.  I cut the two smaller ones at 2.5" in height and one big one at 4" in height.  This cut has two flowers.  I used the top flower so I could create the layer of purples.  I attached the big flower directly to the card insert and for the two smaller flowers, I used pop dots to create the 3D effect.  I colored my leaves with markers, but you can also cut those with the same cartridge.  I can't remember what cartridges I used to cut the "hugs" tag.  There were two different once.  But all you need is an oval at 1-3/4" x 7/8" and a scalloped oval slightly bigger.  I also used purple stickles on the center of the flowers.  I think it turned out pretty cute!



Now I'm off to get my hair done!!!  :)

1 comment:

girlia said...

nice job on the cards.