Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thank You So Much Card...

Hey ya'll!  So yesterday I tried this new technique with embossing.  I used embossing powder to get the rustic shiny look on my card and then embossed it with my cuttlebug.....it's like double embossing.  Blows your mind, doesn't it?  Haha!  I got this technique from Paula at More Than Favors.  She posted it on the Pink By Design message board.  If you are not a part of that community, you should go check it out ----> HERE.  It's a lot of fun and there is typically a lot going on.  You can post your own projects and chat with others in the craft world.  Everybody feeds off each other and it's awesome!

My design comes from the Peachy Keen Stamp Sketch Challenge.  I liked this sketch, bc it was simple and I still managed to make something I love! 

Here's what I did.....




I cut out my pieces for the card first.  I made sure I had all my sizes the way that I wanted them.  I then took the front piece of card stock and embossed it with Copper embossting powder.  Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Distressed Stripes folder.  When I did this, you could hear it crack, but apparently that is normal.  Then I went over it with a sander and it started to tear.  at first it irritated me, but then I realized that I could put it together on the card and it just added even more character to the card.  I loved it!

Everything on this card is from CTMH except the embossing powder, ribbon and the Cuttlebug folder.  The paper pack I used is called Passages.  The stamp is from a set called Thank You.  The ink color is Barn Red. 

This is a great technique if you don't already have metalic papers (and I don't)!  It was fun and simple to do.  I hope you all try it!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Madison said...

Love this:) Saw it on the PBD community board. Liked your comment on my blog today:) Glad you liked my closet redo!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great technique!!! I love your rustic effect and those metallic corners are gorgeous!!! Smashing job! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

Janice W. said...

Thanks for sharing how you made your card! I love the metal embellishments you added to the card! Great job with the PK challenge! Good luck!