Sunday, January 9, 2011

Slow Day...

So today has been a very rough, yet boring day for me.  I'm sure I've mentioned before that I live in  REALLY small town in North Carolina.  NOTHING to do unless you want to drive at least an hour north.  I think I might actually be slowly going crazy.  Haha!  I have finished with the main portion of my schooling for Medical Transcription and I am doing my best to get a job in that field.  It's proving to be tougher then I thought it would be.  So, in the mean time, I am thinking about getting a part-time job at the day care center across the street.  Planning on putting in my application tomorrow, so wish me luck on that. 

To try an beat my bordom, I have been watching some movies and then I remembered that I have this box that I purchased from Close to my Heart a while back, that I am going to make a recipe box out of (I am a Close to my Heart consultant - if you haven't already figured that out).  I went into my office/scrapbook room to work on that.  I got distracted with finishing up my mother's birthday card and then I found another card that I started a few weeks ago and needed to finish that as well.  I'm working on 2 sets of 12 cards for my grandmother and aunt.  They bought "all occasions" cards from me, so I need to get that done. 

Anywho...I will post the recipe box pics once I finish that. For now, here is the "Get Well" card that I finished up for the packet of cards that I'm also working on....

~The card is 5-1/2" by 4-1/4".
~I used Splendor paper pack from Close to my Heart (CTMH).
~Ink colors are Goldrush, Heavenly Blue, Moonstruck, Topiary (all CTMH).
 ~I used a CTMH stamp called True Friends D1406 to stamp "For my friend."
~The pearls are from Kaiser scrapbook. I got them in Okinawa, but I believe I have also seen them in Wal-Mart as well.
~The ribbon was purchased from a lady on ebay.  She sells them in sets for under $5.  I bought a ton when I was in Okinawa, bc there are no craft stores out there...well, not that I found anyway.

~I used Simply Sweet Cricut Cartridge to cut out "Get Well Soon."
~The flowers on the front and inside of the card are from a CTMH stamp set and I can't remember the name of it.  I tried to look it up and it's no longer available. 
P.S. I got my first set of Peachy Keen Stamps in the mail yesterday.  I ordered Everyday Character Faces and Funshine Face Parts.  I can't wait to actually use them.  I have seen other people's projects with the cut faces and I can't wait to start using mine!!!

1 comment: